Interview with Jol and Rym
|by Salvo "Lovedeath77" Russo 02/01/2003 - Mail interview|
|LOVE AND HATE ARE SO CLOSE TOGETHER|
1) Hy !!! Congratulations for your cd, “Frozen” let us give a look to the past of Crowhead... your name was Shadow Dancer......
1999 Rym and I initiated the project CROWHEAD with the intention
to create personal music closer to our passion for 80’s Dark Wave and
all started when SHADOW DANCERS, a cult band of the 90's Norwegian
Gothic Metal scene, split up. I and Rym (bass and guitar in SHADOW
DANCERS) after the release of our “Love Letter” demo CD in the
summer 2000, and various deal offers, we joined MY KINGDOM MUSIC for the
release of our debut album “Frozen”. We spent seven months of hard
work in this together with Rico Darum and Ted “Superdead” Skogmann.
2) In your music I find a lot of influences to lovemetal metal like Entwine, Him (first album) but not only...because there's more darkness in your music...do you like "lovemetal"?
do you mean exactly with "LoveMetal"? Our lyrics mainly deal
with the opposite feeling Love/Death, exploring the most painful side of
this combination..."Love Metal” sounds to me like
"soft" tunes for soap-operas...we aren't definitively
influenced by that...the title of our debut album says it all...
3) I like the amazing atmospheres of "Fire Eye” although the refrain is very melodic.... may you tell me something about this song?
the classic “freaking out” thing in a old love story, love and hate
are so close together, so are brutal and sweet melodies... with “Fire Eye” we try to mix it, like a twisted mind, in a
4) The 80's dark is a reference of your style...In your opinion which bands have had a big influences for Crowhead?
Division, The Cure, Duran Duran, The Mission.
5) Now a particular question... the last 4 songs are very particular...because you're not a Electro Goth Metal band and is strange to find 3 remix...
think it’s a good thing to put on some remixes, when the mixes are
like those we have on frozen. Rico, and Ted make the first mix. (The
producers of the cd) and Sebastian Komor from Icon Of Coil makes the
second 2. They all did a great job in my opinion, and I was more than
happy to include such songs in our debut album. I love those remixes
because they do not alterate the atmosphere of Crowhead compositions.
6) Who’s the inspiration of the Crowhead's songs? No bands...I say about the sensations... your attitude seems a lot related to melancholy sadness... how much is important this feeling?
(related to Sadness/Pain, and so to Events happened in our daily life)
is in my opinion the Essential condition to create such kind of Music
(and any kind of deep impact Art, according to me) and expressing such
feelings in Music & Lyrics are the perfect consequence.
7) Do you think to promote this album with a European tour?
at the moment, but we will see closer to the summer, and if the cd sell
enough we will try to make a short tour, in Italy and Germany.
8) I think that the production is very important and your cd sounds very good as regarding production too!!! Do you agree?
10) With whom would you go around the world for a tour?
would be great to go on tour with the Kovenant.
11) As my last question I propose our usual and typical Gryphonmetal last question... I call this question 'The game of the Tower' There is a very high tower and on the tower three bands are waiting for you and you have to push down two of them to let them fall saving the third one. For you there are:
CURE, PARADISE LOST, JOY DIVISION!
Joy Division stays
|Niederrohrdorf - Switzerland||Impressum|